JamesG

Tesseract Thoughts

I was introduced to books in 5th Grade when our teacher read us A Wrinkle In Time. Never really looked back.

Embassytown
China MiƩville
Progress: 189/345 pages
Bossypants
Tina Fey
The Split Second (The Seems Series #2)
Michael Wexler, John Hulme
Naked
David Sedaris
Lud-in-the-Mist
Hope Mirrlees
The Art of Racing in the Rain - Garth Stein I have been reading an eclectic mix of books lately. This was picked up in a waiting room at a hospital while waiting for my wife. Just a "help yourself" box and a cover that intrigued me, but I was drawn to the concept, and pushed it ahead of my (growing) stack of too-read books.

What a wonderful, pleasant surprise. This is the story of a family; from a dog's point of view. From being selected from a batch of puppies on a farm and named Enzo, through his master getting married and having a child, through family emergencies, and finishing with an amazing ending.

This not the story of a dog. This is a story from the dog's perspective. And while he loves watching TV, riding in a race car with his master, and occasionally waxing philosophic, only those events overheard or seen directly by Enzo can be reported.

This is a great story, full of life, happiness, love and death, and is highly recommended.