JamesG

Tesseract Thoughts

I was introduced to books in 5th Grade when our teacher read us A Wrinkle In Time. Never really looked back.

Embassytown
China MiƩville
Progress: 189/345 pages
Bossypants
Tina Fey
The Split Second (The Seems Series #2)
Michael Wexler, John Hulme
Naked
David Sedaris
Lud-in-the-Mist
Hope Mirrlees
Juggler of Worlds - Larry Niven, Edward M. Lerner The Puppeteers are fleeing and the fate of humankind is at peril. Who better to save the world than a paranoid ARM agent named Sigmund.

A multiple world, multiple entity battle of wits, intrigue and deception at truly galactic scales. We follow a set of three characters, one human and two Puppeteers as they jostle for power and control of their lives, their races and more.

Lots of high-tech gadgetry, and I found Sigmund a truly enjoyable paranoid.

Somewhere around the middle of this book I started thinking that the title might be juggler of words, because the story seemed to be just circling around without ever really going anywhere. Luckily Mr. Niven and Mr. Lerner pull the story out of a nose-dive and wrap to a satisfying conclusion, which makes it all a little more worth while.

On the positive side, reading Mr. Niven again after so many years is a remembered joy. His ability to create real personalities for non human races is marvelous, and I could shudder with Nessus's fears as easily as Sigmund's paranoia.

It has been perhaps dozens of years since I read Ringworld, but it in no way diminished my enjoyment of this book.