JamesG

Tesseract Thoughts

I was introduced to books in 5th Grade when our teacher read us A Wrinkle In Time. Never really looked back.

Embassytown
China MiƩville
Progress: 189/345 pages
Bossypants
Tina Fey
The Split Second (The Seems Series #2)
Michael Wexler, John Hulme
Naked
David Sedaris
Lud-in-the-Mist
Hope Mirrlees
Singularity's Ring - Paul Melko With so many different styles of science fiction floating about these days it is often hard to find something new. Mr. Melko has created something fresh and new in the genre while crafting a complete, fascinating story.

Apollo Papadopulos is a 5-person POD of sentience, each a unique teenager, yet together a strong, smart, talented entity. This is their story. The narrator shifts from individual to individual in a very interesting perspective-shifting way, however since they share the same experiences, it isn't quite like reading from completely different character view-points.

The story, set far in the future is both adventurous and exciting, with plenty of hard science to go along with the dystopian world, and the intelligent exploration of a group of teenagers out in the world for the first time.

Part space opera, part coming-of-age this is well thought-out novel with a fascinating cast of characters and technologies, and I thoroughly enjoyed everything from the space opera, to the pod bears to the military intrigue.

I will certainly be watching for more titles from this gifted author.